Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Star Wars

WE took Bug to see the new star wars movie last weekend. Being a huge star wars fan myself and having the original action figures stored neatly in my Darth Vader case I thought it was only necessary for Bug get to learn about Star Wars. He actually enjoyed the movie. When we came home he decided that he wanted to play "Star Wars" So in true Bug form imagination took over. Wielding a pretend "lifesaver" jumping around the living room fighting "Obie one Cannoli". He was handing out pretend "lifesavers" to hubby and I to play as well. So hub decided that his "lifesaver" was going to be wintogreen flavor. Because after you can only get them from Michigan.
Side note about lifesavers- 10 years ago while staying in Michigan with Hubs family crazy Uncle Larry told us the truth about lifesavers. We were in his pick up truck getting ready to go to work when he stopped at a gas station and bought 2 large bags of lifesavers. one was Wint-o-Green and the other Pep-O-Mint. He held up the bag of Wint-O-Green and said "You know you can only get these in Michigan" I just looked at him with awe. I said "They are lifesavers for God sakes!! You can get them anywhere." HE told me that Wintergreen only grew in Michigan and that is how they get the lifesavers. Well OK then. So the wintogreen joke was born

No comments: